Quick and Easy snack recipes using Farmlite biscuits
by Qua Nutrition
Everyone has biscuits at home. It is an everyday snack. And everyone enjoys them
differently, some plain, some sweet and some dip it in their tea. However, there
are many different ways to make a simple biscuit interesting and healthier. Lets’
take the biscuits to a whole new level with these delicious and healthy recipes
made using your favourite Farmlite Biscuits.
Biscuit & Sweet Potato Sandwich
- Farmlite Oats Biscuits – 4 nos.
- Cheese – 1 tbsp, grated
For the Filling
- Sweet Potato – 1 Cup, chopped
- Sugar or Jaggery – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Method for the filling
- Combine sweet potato, sugar and lemon juice in a non-stick pan, mix well and cook
for 5 to 6 minutes or till the potatoes turn soft.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- In a serving plate, place 2 Farmlite Oats Biscuit, spread a spoonful of the filling
mixture evenly on each of them and sprinkle a little cheese on top.
- Sandwich with remaining 2 biscuits and spread a thick layer of the remaining filling
mixture evenly on top.
- Again top with cheese and bake in a pre-heated oven for 5 minutes at 210°c or till
the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
- Farmlite oats biscuits are loaded with Oats and Wheat Fibre. Fibre helps in digestion
and helps lower bad cholesterol levels. They are also packed with the goodness of
protein along with iron and magnesium that helps in normal muscle function and maintenance
- Sweet potatoes have natural sugars that are slowly released into the blood stream.
This helps ensure a balanced and regular source of energy without blood sugar spikes
linked with fatigue and weight gain.
So this snack can be used as a good pre workout food. It can also be used as a healthy
snack for kids.
2. Biscuit & Date ladoos
- Farmlite Oats Biscuits (powdered) – 6 – 7 pieces
- Dates (soaked in water) – 70 g, chopped
- Dried fruit and nut (fig, raisins ,almonds, pistachios,) -30 g, chopped
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsps
- Combine all the ingredients
- Roll mixture into balls and refrigerate.
- Farmlite oats biscuits are loaded with oats and wheat fibre. Fibre helps in digestion
and helps lower bad cholesterol levels. They are also packed with goodness of protein
along with iron and magnesium that helps in normal muscle function and maintenance
- Dates are packed with a host of nutrients that provide several benefits for the
skin, hair and overall health. They are also known to improve eyesight and prevent
night blindness. Dates are also packed with nutrients like iron, potassium, B vitamins
and fibre that boost energy levels.
- Adding dried fruit and nuts will help in providing healthy fats and a host of micro-minerals
essential for body.
So, these healthy recipe can be used as a great evening snack or a pre workout food.